Michelle & Nicole get a chance to sit down with Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon, the dynamic powerhouse duo who created the wildly popular podcast, BEING BOSS, to discuss the making of their new book.
Why are Nicole and Michelle fangirling harder than ever before? Their business she-roes are here for a very special BONUS episode of The Sparkle Hour! Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson are on the show this week to give you all the details about the Being Boss book which just hit the shelves on April 10th, 2018. This book is the physical manifestation of all the hard work Emily and Kathleen have poured into both their creative businesses and the Being Boss Podcast. The podcast has been instrumental in developing The Sparkle Hour into what it is today, so Nicole and Michelle feel like they are interviewing their own personal Fairy Godmothers!
It’s time to meet the Being Boss duo! Emily Thompson is an online business Boss. Her passion is to see creative entrepreneurs establish and develop their online business so they can reach the world with their unique service. Kathleen Shannon is the mastermind behind Braid Creative, a boutique branding agency she owns with her sister. Using her own creative process, she develops a brand’s identity so that they can make their mark on the world in a way that is authentic and impactful.
These ladies know what it means to be a true Boss, and they have poured all of their heart and soul into the Being Boss book. Nicole and Michelle cannot wait for you to get your hands on a copy, so to whet your appetite, they will have Emily and Shannon share everything you need to know about how the book came to be, and why it is such a powerful tool for creative business owners. If you aren’t a Being Boss fangirl yet, you will be after this interview!
- Why we are so excited to have Kathleen and Emily on the show today. #00:01:00#
- Hear all the details about the Being Boss book and what it takes to birth a “business baby.” #00:03:10#
- It helps to have a partner to write a book and support you through the creative process. #00:6:30#
- It takes time to build trust in your creative partner. #00:12:00#
- Being Boss is not your typical business book! #00:15:00#
- Creative business is equal parts magic and hard facts. #00:21:00#
- This book is consumable. Like your personal business coach! #00:23:00#
- The magical superpowers of the airport! #00:29:00#
- What it means to actually be a Boss. #00:31:00#
- We love worksheets! #00:39:00#
Quotes and Shareables
“You can have the most Boss mindset, but if you don’t put it into practice, you are never going to go anywhere.” –Michelle
“We practice what we preach.” –Emily Thompson
“Whenever you are creating any project, it always happens one step at a time.” –Kathleen Shannon
Do everything you can do to show up for your partner.
Trust one another to get things done.
To be a Boss, you have to have the mindset and the habits of a Boss.
“If you are trying to be everything to everyone, you are saying nothing to no one.” –Kathleen Shannon
Find the book! https://beingboss.club/book
Being Boss Podcast https://beingboss.club/
Work with Nicole Lewis-Keeber: Nicole Lewis-Keeber Coaching
Work with Michelle Lewis: The Blessings Butterfly
Join our private Facebook group, When In Doubt, Sparkle That Shit Out